In August 2021, I took delivery of a Tesla Model Y. These are my notes.
- Autopilot: Recognise Danish speed limits consistently
- Autopilot: Don’t freak out when center line is suddenly missing. I.e. don’t try to place the car in the middle of a 16m wide single-lane road, when basic GPS context should show we are on a two-lane road with an emergency lane
- Supercharging: When charging slowly (64kW instead of 150 or 250), make the UI show why
- Connectivity: When failing to connect to WLAN or LTE, say why
- Connectivity: Don’t charge me 95DKK/month for live traffic data on a car in this price class. Are you out of your minds?
- Sentry: Don’t register as an alert when a car 100m away shines their headlights at you
- Sentry: Don’t register as an alert when I am walking right next to the car with my phonekey in my pocket
- Navigation: Show me multiple routes and let me pick the one I prefer instead of wanting to navigate me via backroads when there is a major national highway RIGHT THERE
- Import lists of non-Tesla chargers for display in the map / navigation
- App Store for all the charging / parking apps
- Apple Car Play support for navigation and music
- Ability to use car battery for solar storage when at home
- When camping, use the charge port to turn the car into a huge battery bank for cook-tops, computers, etc
- Public roadmap / changelog so we don’t have to depend on 3rd party websites for up-to-date product information
- Public API for extracting energy- and trip-data